Command line arguments consist of various option flags followed by an optional
filename. If a filename is given, test input data will be read from that file.
- -c[lasses] <filename>
- Read definitions of character classes from file <filename>
- Set debug flag. Among other things, this prevents the various temporary
files from being deleted on exit.
- -F[eatures] <filename>
- Read program feature settings from the specified file.
- If this flag is specified, regular expression output
is sent to the standard output as well as to the output window,
and test data is automatically read from the standard input.
- Do not read history file.
- Print usage information.
- -I <file name>
- Read the file <file name> as the initialization file.
- Do not read initialization file.
- Do not execute feature tests.
- List the programs supported and indicate which are available.
- -p[rogram] <program>
- Use <program> to execute regular expressions. If this option is used, it overrides
both the default and any specification of the program in the user's initialization file.
- -s[ubstitution mode]
- Start up in substitution mode.
- Print the results of feature tests during palette construction.
- Print the program name and version.
Back to Table of Contents