Lheidli Dakelh Dictionary
Compiled by: Bill Poser
- Grammatical Information
- Online, part of this package. This is the document to which the
dictionary links to provide explanations of grammatical categories, terms
- Introduction to the Sound System
- An explanation of the sounds of Lheidli dialect and the writing system, with audio.
- Listening Exercises
- Listen to audio, write it down as best you can, then reveal the hidden answer and compare.
- References on linguistic, cultural, historical, biological and other topics raised in the dictionary.
- Grammar Sketch
- A pocket-sized booklet summarizing grammar. Also contains a chart of
the CLC writing system. 48 pages.
- A small, simple English-Carrier dictionary aimed at parents and caregivers
of young children who want to support them in their language classes. It begins with an introduction to the grammar. 32 pages.
- The Carrier Language: a brief introduction
- A book about the Dakelh language, recommended as background for those learning the language.
- Carrier Syllabics Textbook
- A textbook of the Dakelh syllabics, with a detailed, systematic explanation
of the writing system, sample texts, and exercises with answers.
- Carrier Placename Map
- An interactive pan-dialectal map showing the Carrier names of places.
- Carrier Language Resources
- A list of resources for the language, in general and for specific dialects.
If you have comments, corrections, or additions please enter the
dictionary and click on the word Comment at the upper right.
This will open a comment form in a new window or tab that will be emailed
to us when you click Submit.