Ulkatcho Carrier Dictionary
Once you have entered the dictionary, clicking on the question-mark icon
at the upper right will open the manual in a new tab.
This is a dictionary of the variety of Carrier spoken by Ulkatcho First Nation people.
The above is a list of individual speakers of Carrier who have contributed
information to this dictionary.
Compiled by: Bill Poser
- Introduction to the Sound System
- An explanation of the sounds of the this dialect and the writing system, with audio.
- The Carrier Language: a brief introduction
- A book about the Carrier language, recommended as background for those learning the language.
- Carrier Syllabics Textbook
- A textbook of the Carrier syllabics, with a detailed, systematic explanation
of the writing system, sample texts, and exercises, with answers.
- References on linguistic, cultural, historical, biological and other topics raised in the dictionary.
- Carrier Placename Map
- An interactive pan-dialectal map showing the Carrier names of places.
- Carrier Language Resources
- A list of resources for the language, in general and for specific dialects.
If you have comments, corrections, or additions please enter the
dictionary and click on the word Comment at the upper right.
This will open a comment form in a new window or tab that will be emailed
to us when you click Submit.